Monday, September 8, 2008

The Real Trap Night

Today I have on these heels I bought from Elder Beerman which is now a Boston Store in West Bend. I love the cork style heels. They are full of colored paisleys. I usually like to wear them with my "Save the Ta Tas" shirt. The 2 together make quite the statement. Finished off with jeans. I love jeans and heels, is that wrong?
So, with the short time I have before I go pick up the kids from school I wanted to educate you for a little bit. Have you heard of trap night? Well, let me explain this. I am sure most of you have and it usually goes a little something like this..."Honey, how 'bout going to dinner and a movie tonight?"..."No, dear, I have Trap tonight. I won't be home until late."
OK, now let's break this down into some definitions. Trap-(according to how I heard it explained to me) A person takes his gun. He lines up with 5 other men in a straight line. There is one person behind them that sets off the trap which is this disc that flies up into the air. One of the guys shoots at it. Once the line of people has a turn, they rotate. They rotate a total of 5 times. Basically a total of 25 shots are made.
Now let's define "tonight" because as the person said who could not go to dinner and the movie, because of trap "tonight". Tonight- a period of time when the sun sets, most commonly anytime after 5ish. And when you talk about a night of activities, it usually refers to sometime around 5 until 12ish. OK, so now put that definition with trap. Guess how long a round of trap takes?

15 minutes

So for any of you who are made to believe this trap thing takes all night, No. It is the stories, the eating, drinking, hanging out and there happens to be 15 minutes of Trap. I really think the name has got to change.

So how am I so privileged to know these things? I went to the Turket Shoot this weekend. And you see now ,Ladies, why I come up with nights out that involves girly things? Don't get me wrong, I truly would not change my life for the world. I just want to make sure I continue to bring into my life the things that inspire me to be me. And to stay connected with you.

Peace,
Paula

1 comment:

tcarlton said...

Real nice! We were enjoying a nice family outing, taking part in some outdoor activities and I was sharing with you the dynamics of trap night at the turkey (not turket)shoot. I see you have decided to use that info to further your public agenda to rile up the masses. I feel used! From now on, those things that I consider to be general male knowledge will remain just that, FOR MEN. I will be warning other potential victims not to share any of their "special knowledge", for fear of how it might be parlayed into some hairbrain scheme that in no way can be related to the important providing of sustinence we willingly do for our families each gathering season. OK, for argument sake, let's imagine how it would play out. You're going to go shopping for 15 minutes, then dinner and drinks for a few hours? You already do that! In closing, I must apologize to any friends that shoot in trap league and the fact that you may not be able to next year. I will begin thinking of some sort of new activity for us to try that women will have no understanding of what it entails. Should keep us clear for a bit. Signed:Paula's Beaten Down Husband