Friday, September 5, 2008

Gotta Have Some Heels

I've decided that each time I blog I am going to wear one of my favorite pair of shoes. Tonight it's a pair of gray flip flops I bought at Kohls. Why are they a favorite? 1. They were clearanced 2. They have this cute little bow across the front. 3. I don't own another pair of gray shoes and, right now, I really like wearing silver jewerly and find the 2 go quite nicely together. What I have neglected to say is that if I wear these shoes for too long I get this discomfort along the tops of my feet BUT not enough to not wear them. Sometimes the sacrifice is worth it when it finishes off an outfit.
Flip flops are certainly not my best pair. I actually prefer heels. I haven't figured out why. I think it is because back in high school I use to play basketball. I was on Varsity my sophmore year. I remember seeing my stats on the roster- 5'9. I was a point guard. It was not until I was about 25 getting a real adult physical when they measured me. 5'6 and 1/2? That has got to be wrong! I totally thought until that point I was 5'9. No one around me had ever discussed my height. I actually had always been told I was tall. What happened? Well, turns out they lied on the roster. So now I am back to 5'9 with a little help! But not playing basketball in 'em.
It's already started by the way... Hunting. (Please, anytime you refer to the animal hunting say it like Seinfeld use to say "Neuman") Gini and Kathy are husbandless for a few days as of today. Their men went off to Colorado to Elk hunt. My husband got his turkey tag in the mail today. He was out practice shooting the bow in the yard. Even my 2 young boys are into it. There was a rabbit in my garden this morning. No sooner did they tell me, I see them both out there taking aim (miss again!). Thankfully that helps fuel my energy, like it needs fueling! So tonight the girls went out (our team has been formed!) and we have set our own date to go out hunting. It sounds like we are all in for the full patrons. We are expert and expect to have full tags by days end.
That's a lot of what this is all about. Get those groups formed! Or go it alone BUT make sure you call your co-hunters and chat about scouting, hunting, a good sale, rack...clearance! Remember our best call is not the grunt call or the doe in heat call but rather the cell phone call. Our season hasn't started yet but it seems like just days away.
Hunting tip of the week- if at all possible, try to be a size 6 or 6 and 1/2. They seem to get all the clearanced deals!
Paula

No comments: