Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Learning to breathe

I sit here in front of my latest shoe purchase. They kinda remind me of the eighties. Two lips designer. "Martini" is their name. Mary Jane style with a heel. Colors platinum, purple, and black- so that's the eighties part. If it's my unknowing intuition being right, maybe the eighties style is coming back so watch out and get the mega hold hairspray out! I love them. They certainly are different. To a hunter, they may be considered a nubby buck- good heel, intriguing...but not "it". I have been told by some very trendy ladies that maybe a skinny pant with some heel boots, a little fur thing around the top may be the way to go for me...I'll see. I'm a little nervous. I'll have to scope out the look. I am 37 after all...but you are right, not 73. I was behind a lady in line today who probably was 73 - she was telling the cashier she didn't need a gift receipt because what she was buying was all for her...no kidding- skinny pants, a big sweater, a big shiny purse, and some hoop earrings- what am I worried about?
Bunco night. I won $15... going to the shoe hunt! Oh my! Do we have a great auction item for you...what a fabulous art donation from Kelly Oppermann! OK, so I will tell you what I learned tonight because I always learn something.
1. Jill Luedtke does a nice job catering.
2. Jeff and Mike from Spirits on Main can pick out good wine when asked so don't search, just ask.
3. If you complete the survey online after a Bath and Body purchase, which takes a matter of 2 minutes, you get $10 off your next purchase!
4. Hi is Hi in german, Hallo= hello, guten tag= good day, guten nacht=good night (just a refresher on Deutsche as 2 are traveling there soon.)
5. When shopping at Walmart- yes, we all do at times, you have 2 choices for check out which can usually take as long as the actual shopping process. Self checkout- which never seems to work (though as a past employee of Fleet Farm, I would like to say I never seem to have a problem so this may be experience) but the problem comes from the placing of the items in or out of the bag, kids touching the bag area...lots of frustration...or the actual check out where it seems the cashier is often quite relaxed and I must now practice very deep breathing, laborious exercises since all too often i am 10 minutes behind where I should be.
6. Our husbands seem to have made everyone cook or make purchases today for their weekend hunting expedition- mine asked me to buy snickers and sliced ham.
7. If you wait for a trunk show at Koehn and Koehn, you can get the Pandora bracelet for free.
8. Some of our favorite stores are right here in West Bend- Serendipity, Savoring Thyme, Apple barrel...
9. We played 20 minutes of bunco which bet the 15 minutes of trap that guys usually play.

It's amazing what happens when a group of girls get together- we had some super ideas- I vaguely remember a suggestion...something about guys in chaps- must be nearing "Widow's Ball weekend"- have you ever been to one of those events? I wouldn't recommend it!

almost 2 weeks. These next 2 weeks are some of the biggest shopping weeks ever. I am not sure if it will require you to put your clothes outside for a week to "air out" or lather up with soap that makes you smell like, well, nothing...and luckily you will not be at risk for falling out of a tree stand or being hunting upon by someone who thinks because you are moving you must be a deer. But I would like to hear your stories of success when you get some! And feel free to carry on as...well, as you know who does.

Peace,
Paula

No comments: