Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wild Side

My husband and I were lucky enought to be part of an event this weekend. It was a Halloween Bash hosted by some families who attend St. Francis Cabrini school. We don't have our children there though I am proud to say I am an alumni. We do attend their Fundraising night in Spring (thanks to the Lemlers) and were a part of a group that helped the school raise over $3000. Wow! Just by bidding on this night...Fright night had arrived.
It was a blast! Todd went as Mr. Clean. I know many of you who know him can totally see that. I went as Mrs. Clean, in a sense. I was actually a French Maid, fish net stockings and all but you can see how that would go together. Other great couple costumes included the Lime and Tequilla bottle, the banana and gorilla, the bottle of Jack Daniels and Coke, the patient with her hind end hanging out and fellow Doctor Harry Fingermaster, lots of priests and nuns, 4 ghostbusters, and a bunch of "pot"heads. And one man who did not really even need to wear a costume because he looked so much like Todd Palin...he was amazingly similair. For a church auction, it was a bit on the wild side! And don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining. I enjoyed seeing the outfits but more so the laughter and all out belly rolling that took place throughout the night. I am sure it took a tremendous amount of planning. It sure was a success...well worth the cost of admission.
I am sure you have all said the same...when a hurricane hits, a tornado, a local family with tragedy...we all want to help. It is our human nature to want to help others. Saturday night in the midst of all the fun, money was being given to a wonderful school. A school, though at times I disliked, helped me develop my values. It reflected much of what I feel that Shoe night is about. Yes, you need to get a "costume" (shoes, a jacket, jewlery, etc) but really it's about getting together, laughing out loud, and helping out the community in which one lives. I can't wait to see you there!
Paula

No comments: