Monday, October 20, 2008

Brilliant!

There are so many reasons why I love being a woman. This past weekend brought to light some of them...1. we are often creative when given the time and resources. 2. we can change our minds and still be right and usually better off.
I was happy to take part in 2 girlie gatherings Friday and Saturday. Friday night was the patron license hunters...dare I say this...wet dream! OK, I said it but let me tell you why. Micky S. held this event with purses, jewelry, sunglasses, and shoes for sale...plus Julie B's Tastefully Simple...and the wine, food, and fun to boot! The group was eclectic yet cohesive. We shared ideas and past on stories. Trista came up with this creative and brilliant idea... Party night is Dec 6th. We plan on having things there to raffle/auction. We all have purses at home that we have bought and either never used or have used gently. Why not bring them to the event and have them for sale for $10 or so with all proceeds going to Chix! What a great idea. I went home that night and saw an example of just that sitting in my closet. I can't wait to bring it! And no, it is not my very used purse with the sticker on the front that says "Make out, not war". I did happen to buy a new purse Friday. Despite my children begging me to get the purse organizer on TV for $49.95, I bought a big chunky brown and black one. I love it and will not be giving that one away- thank you Teresa (www.bagtiqueparty.com). There will also be a little something being raffled off at the party from Teresa's never-used bagtique collection!
Saturday was Simply Indulgent. That is the name of the company Julie Craig owns. She makes homemade gourmet chocolates...need I say more! Kelly G. won this day at the Kewaskum Athletic Complex Fundraiser. I, along with Kelly and several other women, spent some time with Julie learning the art of fine chocolate making...peanut butter cups, truffles, chocolate covered cherries, spoons dipped in chocolate. I was in heaven. Oh, and there was good wine too! Kathy, Mrs. VP of the Shoe Hunting Club, came up with a brilliant idea. This idea in place of our prior thought about prizes (that's where the changing minds comes to play) I don't want to completely give it away but for those who are winners of the contests the evening of the shoe party should be very satiated after receiving their prizes! The night was topped off by joining our spouses for a nice dinner and games. Julie is a true talent! She was kind enough to open her home to a few strangers and put forth a tremendous party. We will be honored if her presence is made the night of the event! If you are interested in ordering her chocolate, let me know and I will give you her contact information. Oh and by the way, it's Monday. Just 2 days, barely 48 hours after we left the party. I have 2 pieces left.
So Sunday was my day of rest...well, I just about killed myself cleaning floors in my house and felt like I had aged 30 years over night BUT I am very blessed to say that I ended my day with several hours being spent snuggling with my beautiful boys on the couch just hanging out. And that truly is the absolute best thing about being a woman...I get to be the mom of Jordan and Andrew.
Sweet succeses.
Paula

No comments: