Friday, October 16, 2009

Wow! I am finally getting to Blog and at an insane hour…but hunting can be tiring and sacrifices, at times are needed. Especially when good hunting tips can be shared with fellow hunters.

So, while preparing for this years hunt I decided to do a little inventory. The best way for me to do this was with the help of a stylist. Mary Sheehan Warren has written a book called It’s So You! Fitting Fashion into Your Life. I was introduced to Mary about two years ago at a friend’s home (thanks Lisa!). As a deer, turkey, pheasant, shoe, and accessory hunter, I need to prep for this years hunt (It is so much fun…isn’t it). Many times we need to get advice from expert hunters and Mary was my inlet. Okay, I will jump to the point, but as many know I love details so I tend to get long winded about topics I am passionate about or think others will find useful. So, if I skipped over a fun detail you want more info on please ask, I would love to elaborate.

My field work-

To prep for our consult I was to take a style profile assessment, which Mary provided (It is also in her book). My style personality tends to be expressive with classic structure.

I also gathered all my gear. This was an experience in itself. I still had clothes from high school (yeah, Sarah… I did not get rid of all of them the day you came over and drank a bottle of wine and kept saying, “Seriously”).

Expert hunter arrives-

Mary arrives in the cutest outfit, which I could see myself wearing. Sorry, I was about to get into too many details. I am going to move to the part of ‘What not to Wear—Closet clearing’. Another side note- there was a get to know you part before the ‘closet clearing’ but that falls under details. I told her to be assertive with my closet. Now, she is defiantly sweeter than Stacy or Clinton, however I had to be very persuasive as to why I wanted to keep a few of my pieces. As she said “Everyday should be an A day”. So, I took her advice and cleared a heap of stuff out of my closet. The best part was, she loved my shoes and handbags. She did suggest a new pair of boots and white shoes, a suit and a sheath. Of coarse a handbag will tie all together nicely. About 3 hours later she departed and I was motivated for this years hunt to really begin (why else would I be on at 1:35 AM)

Where to put my stands?

Hunters’ tend to really contemplate where to put their stand. Oh… I should clarify, stands. There is never just one; at least not in my house...does anyone’s significant other hunt from one stand? One reason for multiple stands is the wind direction. So, Mary gave me a number of options of where I should put my stands (shopping targets!) She also suggested a few great preview places to help get ideas. In hunting land this could be considered the part of videotaping, Paula blogged on this not to long ago. Okay cool fact, and I would love more info so please share if you know more- Did you all know there is an iPhone that is able to scan an item’s barcode and check where that item may be less expensive. How, cool would that be for a hunting tool.

Well, I am going to sign off for tonight. I have shared our hunt with Mary and she was very excited about our trek for the best shoe, best accessory, best deal and best story. Maybe, she will even share a few hunting tips with us?

Happy Hunting!!

Kathy

2 comments:

Paula Carlton said...

sounds like someone will be getting a new phone soon! That is an amzing hunting tool! Thanks for the tip!

Buechel's said...

I know!! It is a GPS tool. I love apple (thanks Jen!!) and I think I need to go and visit the store for more prep work.