Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Party, party, party!







Away from work, kids at school...it must be Wednesday. Todd, Doug, Greg, and Mark leave tomorrow for Colorado. I call the Brokeback Mountain trip especially when I hear of some of the things they need to pack...cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly??? Oh well, I know they will enjoy themselves. Though I know the trip is to shoot down that big elk of which I have no desire, I would like to place my eyes where their vision will be. I love mountains, pine, streams, air. I know they will not feel defeated even if empty handed. God created beauty!






So if they are off hunting already...I am seriously thinking about taking a special hunting trip of my own. First off, the "committee" is getting together while they are gone to discuss the upcoming shoe/accessory season. Before you know it, you will be out there hunting yourself. Second, a special hunt. Today, I asked permission at a local jewlery store if I could come back next week and "hunt". (I guess the guys have special permission on this land out there). I have the day and time set. I even have a guide. His name is John. I was going to have Kelly but she had some meeting with a Claire...anyway, my hunt is pretty targeted and I am not going to get into the details for my spouse needs to be informed first. But, then again, though he is very good...I mean extremely detailed with telling me the events of upcoming hunts, I hope he listens to my plan as much as I listen to his...And there is beauty in a jewlery store ( I almost felt like I was in Colorado!). Of course, I had to scout the place today briefly- smell the air, check the wind, breathe heavy when I saw the possibilities...they even gave me water ( I must have been really out of breath). Wish me luck!






So back to the party...we will have the party once again in December with the hunt starting just days away. I do actually have a committee and if you wish to help in any way, please let me know! This year, many people I have known and loved (weird how things circle back at you sometimes) have passed away...not just even diagnosed...with cancer and I would love this year to be just as meaningful and fabulous as in years past. Thought I would include a few pics to get you all jazzed up! Thanks to Lisa for the email with all of them!



No comments: