Monday, September 21, 2009

Bunions!

Oh, for Pete's sake! I already had one of those nightmares. You know the ones, hunters! Where you are out on a mission...ok, let me see. If you are a real hunter...like when everyone else seems to have been successful- a deer there, a huge deer here, or like Dan...like this insanely huge perfect, I mean perfect looking rack...13 inch tines...24 inch spread. Wow! Everyone...my husband and friend with their elk. Even my son, moments after the Packer loss I hear a "pling" from the side of the house...dove down! And then there is the shoe hunter...
I woke up the other day sweating. In my dream I was in a desperate search for this pair of shoes. I'm not sure why I was searching for purple shoes (probably a chakra thing) as I have 2 pair of purple shoes and even that can be too many but I was searching. And what do you think happened? You bet, every size but mine. Thank goodness it was a dream (or a nightmare!)
But as luck would have it, it played out. I just needed a new pair of plain black pumps. I have black open toed, close but with silver stuff, a flat pair with a gold buckle thing on it, a black pointed toe with open back, and some black flip flops but just plain boring black heels missing from my closet. So my second mistake, going to Kohls. WARNING! All of the workers at Kohls must have size 8.5 or 9s because the clearance rack sucks at Kohls. It goes from size 8...with nothing until 10. And I am convinced that it is because all of the workers from Kohls shop them out because I do not believe any woman actually works at Kohls just because- those smart women just want to get even more of a discount! They apparantly just don't feel a Super Saturday every Saturday is enough.
So I left Kohls with a brown pair of pumps.
I think I should be listening more. It is probably God warning me I will get bunions. The only way you can prevent getting bunions is by not wearing high heels or constricting shoes, the 2 most common things I seem to do every day. I am quit sure deer hunters do not get bunions. Yes, I am a podiatrist's dream! While he is dreaming of surgically repairing my great toe, I am dreaming of my next pair of pointed heeled shoes!
Next time, I am not hunting alone.
Paula

No comments: