Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trinity

I've been contemplating for some time now how to complete my tattoo. Yes, I have one. Funny story. Todd and I both got one on our 1 year anniversary. You see, we were going to get them on our honeymoon while we were in Alaska. We went to the parlor one morning and they were still "sterilizing" but told us they still could if we wanted...that was the 1st warning. When we walked in, posters everywhere of half naked women with tattoos. A sign stating "pierce your ears, pierce your nose, pierce any &$%?*#! thing you want." We walked out after the tour. One year later, we made the trip to Kewaskum. I, feeling romantic, wanted a remembrance of our honeymoon so she detailed a harbor seal along a glacier. Todd walked out with the outline of Wisconsin, a deer, and a pheasant. Now the guys tell me he was thinking of me...the deer is him, the pheasant me. I am not buying it! So now that we have kids, I want to update my tattoo. I often think I want three of something...maybe their initials, maybe somehow their birthstone, maybe words that describe them.

I like threes. I like Todd and the boys. When I decorate...3 candles, 3 pictures, 3 knickknack things...And, sorry, sometimes things take me a little bit to process but it hit me hard today. I was listening to K-love 105.3 and heard this song about God being present in everyone and I know that already but it seemed as if the radio just turned up the volume at that time. And then, I just read that wonderful book The Shack by Young which describes in fantastic detail who God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are (or who we wish them to be). God- the leader, the teacher, the guider, the rule maker, the observer, the pleasure seeker. Jesus- the Savior, the teacher, the reality. Holy Spirit- the feeler. And suddenly I realized why these 3 boys- Todd, Jordan, and Andrew are in my life. They are such life representations of the trinity. I know everyone is. But, for me, it is so nice for it to be so obvious (because I am still learning this stuff!) Todd- the leader, the teacher, the guider, the rule maker, the observer, the pleasure seeker. Jordan- He is going to save the world someday, I am telling you this now (note to God- yes, I am selfish, please don't have it be in the same way though as Jesus. Boy, I am pathetic). Andrew- my spirit. He is my noise maker, he gives me tingles, it's as if he floats through the air.

So my 3, I am so grateful for them. I believe one of the ways I can thank God is to believe and carry out His word in my life to my best ability. However, because I am pretty sure He knows who I am, I wonder if He will at least appreciate the symbols I place on my back? And, yea, yea, yea...of course, I will keep journeying toward His purpose. I've loved the journey so far.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts...and ye be thankful."- Colossians 3:15 KJV

Shalom.
Paula

No comments: