Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Please don't tease me!

I have loved being involved in the shoe hunt the last few years. I have been able to express my passion for shoes. As a result, I actually have been given some free shoes! Certainly, I did not intend for this to happen. Last year when the snow storm hit and several could not show for the party, a very kind friend, Michelle Lemler, gave me her boots that she had purchased. She just felt she would never wear them. A very nice pair- kind of an alligator skin, mid calf- browns/black. I also have a mother-in-law, Pat Poch, who enjoys high end comfortable shoes but her feet can be pretty particular about what they deem as comfortable so i have inherited several pairs- some tennis, some loafers. And lastly was this year when I received a beautiful pair of mid calf light brown tastefully worn looking boots from Tanya Rolf. Now this is a woman who has been kind enough to pass along several tops to me that she felt did not look perfect on her (she's gorgeous and looks good in anything so I am not sure what she found wrong with them!) but these boots were luckily bought even though they were too big. She is one of those Ladies! Yes, start bitching now...she is a size 6 and 1/2! You know what I am talking about....those women...the ones who wear a size 6 and 1/2...the ones who get all of the great deals because all that is left on the shelves of clearance racks are size 6 and 1/2....oh, and 11 but those women I just feel sorry for. So, as she was coming into the party she passed these awesome boots over to me.

Well, you all know the events of the party so I won't review but as the party came to an end, we all decided to carry it on at the Luxury Box. I decided to join them. I totally wanted to get out of my shoes...no,no,no- remember my feet did not hurt in 5 inch pumps. So I decided to put on the boots. The Luxury box was fun- lots of dancing! Thanks gals, I love to dance! So finally the night came to an end and I headed home.

When I got home, I immediately got ready for bed and took off the boots. OK, I tried to take off the boots. I really struggled...I didn't drink anything at the bar besides water so it wasn't the wine talking. I was confused as to why it was so hard but finally they came off. I looked at the size...7 and 1/2. Now I am size 8 and 1/2 mostly 9. Wow! How did I do that? Though I think from the looks on my feet they were asking me why did I do that?!?!

Not only that but a week later when I tried them on again just to make sure cause these boots are just so cute and the size could be wrong, right? Well, I found a business card of Mike Rolf's in them so not only were they at least a full size small but they had cardboard in them!

I keep looking at them in my closet thinking they are mine but I am ready now to give them to someone who can fit in them. I was teased into thinking these could be mine- I know totally unintentionally- and I really find the whole thing completely hilarious... My desperation for the perfect pair of shoes. And, I will continue to take whatever hand me downs Tanya gives me for she has impeccable taste.

Free boots to size 7 and 1/2. And in case anyone else wishes to donate to the cause...for me that is...size 8 and 1/2, sometimes 9!!!!!

Peace
Paula

No comments: