Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To the Core

OK, I agree. It seems that the bright colors and skinny jeans are certainly back in this season. Somehow in the 2000s, I have become very comfortable with the wide leg pant and nothing but black! And as I continue to shop for that perfect boot, I am discovering the ones I fall in love with are with 5 inch heels! So if the 80s are back, I want my 80s body back too!

I have another blog suggestion to do just that! Tiffany Larson is a personal trainer. She has inspired me to work not only my body but spirit and mind to the "core". While she currently can be seen teaching classes at the YMCA, she also does private training out of her home. Her blogging style certainly reflects her genuine soul. She is passionate about family, friends, and, of course, Pilates. Check it out at www.hometrainingllc.com .

Pilates serves so many purposes. It has reinforced my breath. I am more mindful of my posture. I feel at times, even without those 5 inch heels, I am taller. And if after a 10 hour day, my achilles feels like they have shrunk 2 inches because of wearing those heels, I can come home, plop down on the floor, and work on every small and large muscle my body has to support me.

Happy Hunting...and take care of yourself!
Paula

No comments: